Sometimes in this business, it isn’t so much what you know as it is who you know.
During the Second World War, as U.S. power was eclipsing Britain’s, Harold Macmillan, a future prime minister, reportedly said, “These America…
Brian Kemp takes office this week as Georgia’s 83rd governor, and the difference in atmosphere compared to his predecessor’s inauguration coul…
In the 1973 dystopian film “Soylent Green,” Detective Frank Thorn, played by Charlton Heston, investigates the Soylent Corporation. The corpor…
In the months after the election of Donald Trump, there was a mini-political movement in California to get the Golden State to secede from the Union.
The federal government’s recent shutdown had many people wondering if Washington can ever return to functioning properly. In fact, this is a f…
In one of contemporary history’s intriguing caroms, European politics just now is a story of how one decision by a pastor’s dutiful daughter h…
By all indications, the reluctant support by white evangelicals for Donald Trump against Hillary Clinton in 2016 has solidified into something…
On no real evidence but with absolute certainty, I would submit that the defining emotion of our time is anxiety.
As I crossed the mid-century mark a few anniversaries around the sun ago, I decided that I needed to make a higher priority of actually taking…
- Shutdown impacting local businesses
- Causeway toll to get further scrutiny
- Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series returns to Golden Isles Speedway
- Memo to President Trump: Declare an emergency
- Cops seeking armed robbery suspect
- Sheriff's Office introducing 'C.H.A.M.P.S.' program in local schools
- Tribute to a friend gone too soon
- Three plead guilty, one sentenced in drug shed case
- Another right whale calf spotted
- NFL player visits Head Start students