Jeanette Harrell Hughes, 90, of Darien, died Saturday at Sears Manor Nursing Home in Brunswick under the care of Hospice of the Golden Isles. The Rev. Jack Peeler will preside over funeral services at First Baptist Church of Darien at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Visitation will be held one hour prior. The family will receive friends at the home of Nancy Alford in Darien. Edo Miller and Sons funeral home is in charge of arrangements.
- Former county coroner Abe Brown dies
- Causeway toll to get further scrutiny
- Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series returns to Golden Isles Speedway
- Three plead guilty, one sentenced in drug shed case
- Brunswick police arrest man for child molestation
- Island commissioner intends to forge ahead on causeway toll
- Additional suspects indicted in Kings Bay ammo theft
- Two men charged in overdose deaths
- Cops seeking armed robbery suspect
- Jekyll Marina project, capital improvements approved
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.