A 20-year-old man remains in critical condition at a Jacksonville, Fla., hospital, four days after he was shot several times Saturday night in the parking lot at Popeye’s at the corner of Altama Avenue and Fourth Street, Brunswick Police said.

Tyrese Black was flown via helicopter to UF Health Jacksonville hospital after the shooting. He was able to identify his shooter, whom police arrested later Saturday night, Brunswick Police Capt. Wan Thorpe said.

Richard Bernard Nixon, 21, was booked into the Glynn County Detention Center early Sunday morning, charged with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm in the commission of a crime, jail records show. Nixon was released Monday on $30,058 bond, jail records indicate.

Witnesses told police Nixon was inside a maroon Chevrolet Silverado Z71, and Black was standing outside the truck when the two began arguing shortly before 9 p.m. Witnesses heard several gunshots, after which Nixon allegedly drove away and Black dropped to the ground, police said.

Police arrived to find Black had been shot several times in the torso. Before being transported, Black was able to identify his shooter, police said.

“The information was given out via radio and they were able to track down the suspect moments later,” Thorpe said.

More from this section

Cutting operations are on hold as engineers moved in Saturday to make a post-fire assessment of the shipwrecked Golden Ray, the remains which became engulfed in thick black smoke and raging flames early Friday afternoon.

A hospital is comprised of many departments and team members, from medical staff such as doctors, nurses and technicians to nonclinical departments, including environmental services, safety and security, and facilities. Working together, they strive to keep our community as healthy as possib…

Fire broke out inside what remains of the shipwrecked Golden Ray in the St. Simons Sound early Friday afternoon, possibly sparked by handheld welding torches used in precise cutting operations, said U.S. Coast Guardsman Michael Himes, spokesman for Unified Command.