Glynn County is now in Phase 4 of its re-entry plan, meaning the county is open, but the 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew is still in place until Saturday. 

As things get back to some sense of normalcy, county officials want to remind residents of a few things. 

Anyone who has been displaced by the storm can go to a shelter set up by the American Red Cross at Selden Park, 100 Genoa Martin Drive, Brunswick. The Salvation Army will be feeding folks who come to the shelter. 

Anyone who goes there should bring prescription medications, extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies, important documents or other comfort items they may want or require to meet unique needs. 

Trash pickup began again Friday, and included pickup of Thursday's routes as well. The normal trash schedule is set to begin Monday. Recycling bins can be used for regular trash for the next two weeks. Yard waste and regular recycling service will not be picked up until Oct. 2 to accommodate the increase in household garbage. Additional bag left outside a bin will not be picked up, but excess garbage can be left at two drop-off centers, 550 Young Lane in Brunswick and behind the farmers market on St. Simons Island. 

The 25 percent of federal aid usually paid by local governments to cover major debris removal after storms, with the federal government paying the other 75 percent, will be covered by the state, Gov. Nathan Deal said Thursday in Brunswick. 

Additionally Glynn County Animal Services has resumed limited operations and will be back to normal operations Saturday. 

The county also reminds residents of the strict water restrictions in place by Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water and Sewer Commission. 

More from this section

Organizers of the annual Coastal GA “On Par” to Cure Breast Cancer Golf tournament donated $18,250 this year to the Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation to support the hospital’s Mammograms in Motion program.

Fire destroyed two homes in Brunswick last week — an abandoned house in the 2100 block of Wolfe Street before dawn Friday and another residence in the 1400 block of Monck Street after midnight Saturday, the Brunswick Fire Department reported.