A CSX train derailed Friday afternoon near the end of Buffalo Road and Ga. Highway 99 in western Glynn County, closing the highway in that area for several hours while workers clear the wreckage, said county spokesman Matthew Kent. The derailed cars did not overturn and to not present a risk to the public, he said. Traffic on Highway 99 in that area is was detoured to Highway 32 or U.S. Highway 82 until the road was cleared by 7 p.m.
- Brunswick man killed in crash on I-95, driver facing vehicular homicide charges
- Man guilty of hit and run receives six-year sentence
- Familiar sight: Deputy Lacey is on duty in the Pier Village
- Vehicular homicide case goes to jury today
- Glynn County's Dover Hall was Babe's offseason retreat
- St. Simons couple who died in tragedy remembered
- Supreme Court won't review former McIntosh school board member's suit
- Land Trust executive director resigns
- L Street construction testing patience
- Walking Dead shambles back onto Jekyll
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.