The College of Coastal Georgia’s Office of Academic Affairs recently announced the awarding of tenure and/or promotions to 10 faculty member.
Their new status will become effective at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year in August, according to a press release from the college.
The faculty members were recognized for their “hard work and commitment to providing Coastal Georgia students with academic instruction of the highest quality,” the release stated.
The following individuals were promoted to associate professor and awarded tenure:
• Dr. Catherine Culver, assistant professor to associate professor of philosophy
• Dr. Tate Holbrook, assistant professor to associate professor of biology
• Dr. Orsolya Kolozsvari, assistant professor to associate professor of sociology
• Dr. Charlsie Myers, assistant professor to associate arofessor of psychology
• Dr. Christopher Wilhelm, assistant professor to associate professor of history
• Dr. Colleen Knight, assistant professor to associate professor of chemistry
• Dr. Lydia Watkins, assistant professor to associate professor of nursing
The following faculty member was promoted to associated professor:
• Tyler Bagwell, assistant professor to associate professor of speech communications
These faculty members are tenured and promoted to full professor:
• Jeff LeMieux, associate professor to professor of art
• Dr. Patrizia Stahl, associate professor to professor of history.
Chamber Experience returns for 24th year
The Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce will host the 24th annual Chamber Experience at 5:30 p.m. May 9 at Sea Palms Resort on St. Simons Island.
The event will feature live music, food, silent action, a raffle and other events.
The event supports the chamber’s business programming and all of the funds raised go directly toward that purpose.
Tickets are $25 per person in advance and $30 at the door. For ticketing or information, call 912-265-0620.
— The Brunswick News