Brunswick High hosted Glynn Academy, Pierce County and St. Vincent's in a track and field meet Tuesday at the school. Results will appear in a future issue of The News.
Please enjoy the photos sports editor, Derrick Davis and sports reporter, Savannah Richardson took while covering the 70th Golden Isles Invitational July 2-4. Bryce Lewis, a University of Tennessee golfer won the event with a -16 after defeating last year's winner, Eli Scott in a one-hole playoff.
Johnathan Keppler shot -12 under over 36 holes to win the SwingThought Tour event held at Brunswick Country Club on Monday and Tuesday. The 23-year-old Marietta native sank a putt for par on No. 18 to beat Jimmy Beck in a one-hole playoff and take the $25,000 prize for first-place.
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter landed on the capsized Golden Ray about 8:20 a.m. Monday and then took off leaving two people on the flat side of the vessel.
Winter storm Grayson brought freezing temperatures and plenty of precipitation in Glynn County Wednesday, causing icy conditions on roads and weighing down trees and power lines.
- Golden Ray shipwreck salvage price at $842 million
- Man's angling efforts land 'bumper' catch
- NTSB report confirms miscalculation led to unstable Golden Ray
- Alcohol ban on St. Simons beach approved
- Parents urge school board to remove student mask mandate
- Carter questions FLETC rule keeping students on base
- CCGA students, faculty protest the lack of a mask mandate on USG campuses
- Crews work to refit barge for Section 5 of Golden Ray
- Brunswick downs Islands on rain-sopped Thursday
- Police chief vows he will pass test
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.