Dr. Lauren Goss Whitley recently joined the Glynn Family Medicine Center and the Brunswick hospital of the Southeast Georgia Health System’s medical staff.
Whitley earned her medical degree at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tenn., and she completed her residency at Self Regional Healthcare in Greenwood, S.C.
Glynn Family Medicine Center, a strategic affiliate of Southeast Georgia Health System, is located in Brunswick at 3222 A Shrine Road.
Visit sghs.org/family-medicine or call 912-673-8000 to schedule an appointment.
Health system offering mammograms
Throughout January, the Southeast Georgia Health System will again be providing access to mammography in Glynn County and rural areas of Southeast Georgia with its Wellness on Wheels (WOW) mobile health vehicle.
The program is offered through a $50,000 grant from the Susan G. Koman organization.
The grant helps to provide screening and diagnostic breast imaging services for uninsured and low-income patients.
All mammograms require a physician’s order; most insurances are accepted and financial assistance is available to patients who qualify.
For more information about low or no-cost mammograms for uninsured or low-income persons in Brantley, Camden, Glynn, Long and McIntosh counties, call 912-466-5235.
The WOW will provide mammograms at the following locations during the month of January:
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday at McIntosh Family Medicine Center, 1022 Miller Lane SW, Darien. Call 912-466-5857 for information and appointments.
• From 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Wellness Way Medical Office Complex, 7000 Wellness Way, St. Simons Island. Call 912-466-5235 for information and appointments.
• From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 7 at Glynn County Health Department, 2747 4th St., Brunswick. Call 912-264-3961 ext. 3249 for information and appointments.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 8 at the McKinney Community Health Center, 9355 N. Main St., Nahunta. Call 912-462-6222 for information and appointments.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 14 at the Brantley Family Medicine Center, 21300 Hwy 82, Waynesville. Call 912-466-5941 for information and appointments.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan 15 at the IGA Supermarket, U.S. Hwy 84, Ludowici. Call 912-545-2107 ext. 233 for information and appointments.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 16 at the Coastal Community Health Services, 6574 Shellman Bluff Rd., Shellman Bluff. Call 912-580-0073 for information and appointments.
• From 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Jan. 23 at the Perry Park Clinic, 2215 Bartow St., Brunswick. Call 912-275-8028 for information and appointments.
• From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the McKinney Community Health Center, 711 Charles Gillman Ave., Kingsland. Call 912-510-9728 for information and appointments.
— The Brunswick News