Friday, May 19
• Scrabble Club will meet at 10 a.m. at the Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick. Details: 279-3740.
• Fish fry will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Brunswick Elks Lodge, 1509 Union St., Brunswick. The cost is $8 per person and includes fried catfish, cheese grits, cole slaw, hushpuppies and iced tea. Desserts are $1 extra.
Saturday, May 20
• “Golden Isles Prep Rally,” as part of National Safe Boating Week, will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Mary Ross Waterfront Park in Brunswick. The event will feature Coast Guard water rescue operations, as well as water safety and emergency tips and information, kids’ activities, live music and food and beverages for purchase. Sponsored by City of Brunswick, University of Georgia Marine Extension, Coastal Georgia DNR, Brunswick Landing Marina, Brand Mortgage and The Home Depot.
• Picnic in Twitty Park, sponsored by the Glynn Environmental Coalition, will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the corner of Frederica and Sea Island roads, St. Simons Island. Attendees are asked to bring their own lunch. Details: 466-0935.
Sunday, May 21
• “The Genealogy of Goodyear Cottage, Jekyll Island” will be presented from 2-3 p.m. in Room 108 of the St. Simons Casino, 530 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island. Bonnie Householder will trace the genealogy of the Goodyear family who built the Goodyear Cottage on Jekyll Island during the Millionaire’s Era. Hosted by the Coastal Georgia Genealogical Society in conjunction with the St. Simons Library. Details: 912-319-8005.
Tuesday, May 23
• Lunchtime yoga will begin at 12:30 p.m. at the Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick. Details: 279-3740.
• Veterans’ long-term care benefits seminar will begin at 2 p.m. at HomeLife on Glynco, 1550 Glynco Parkway, Brunswick. Sponsored by National Association of Veterans and Families. Seating is limited; reservations are requested. Details: 280-0078.
Wednesday, May 24
• The Golden Isles Book Discussion Group will meet at 10:30 a.m. at the Brunswick-Glynn County Library, 208 Gloucester St., Brunswick. Call library for book title. Details: 279-3740.
• “Lady in the Van,” a 2016 British film directed by Nicholas Hytner, the true story of Alan Bennett’s strained friendship with Mary Shepherd (Maggie Smith), an eccentric homeless woman, will be shown at 7 p.m. in the St. Simons Casino Theater, 530 Beachview Drive, St. Simons Island. Rated PG-13. A $3 donation is requested. Details: litguildssi.org/events.