Students from the College of Coastal Georgia’s Math and Engineering Club (MEC) recently shared their passion for math and science with St. Simons Elementary students. The Coastal Georgia students are guest instructors for a St. Simons Elementary School afterschool program called STEAM Pods. As volunteers, the college students are hosting robotics and other science-related sessions to help expose elementary students to experiences in science, technology, engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). Pictured are John Wilcox, from left on the back row, Garrison Penzo, David Murray. On the front are Jennifer Gale, from left, Cassandra McCullough, Julia Garner and Dante Hernandez.
- 'Shining' sequel to film on East Beach
- Hurricane evacuee gives birth in hospital parking lot
- Two accused of possessing stolen Georgia Bulldog statue
- Abrams fires up supporters at riverside rally
- Teachers of the Year chosen for Glynn County Schools
- St. Simons Elementary teacher writes book filled with encouragements
- City still mulling alcohol ordinance change
- John Ream
- CrimeScene 9.20
- Stevens & Frewin families prospered on ruins of Fort Frederica
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.