Okefenoke REMC honored local healthcare heroes by cooking and delivering a complete summer cookout to the 83 employees at BayView Nursing Home in Nahunta. The lunch was presented in recognition of and appreciation for their dedication and care to their patients during these unprecedented times. Employees from BayView paused for a photo with OREMC staff, pictured, Roger Sloan, right of way coordinator, from left; Darren Crews, engineering manager; and John Middleton, general manager.
- Hurricane season complicated by COVID-19 outbreak
- Commission votes to accept CARES Act funding for Brunswick airport
- Following health and safety rules especially importing in Memorial Day crowds
- Pandemic-driven unemployment in Georgia hits record high
- Fourth of July fireworks around the region canceled due to COVID-19
- Japan ends coronavirus state of emergency as it lifts restrictions in last areas including Tokyo
- EU's top diplomat urges 'more robust strategy' toward China
- German economy shrinks by 2.2% in Q1 over virus downturn
- The Latest: Cortina seeks to postpone ski worlds to 2022
- Virus stalls work to keep alive a rare rhino subspecies
- Communities in Schools official arrested
- Commissioner O'Quinn calls for police chief's ouster
- Cobb DA: "Confident" in case against McMichaels men, Bryan
- Work progressing to remove Golden Ray from St. Simons Sound
- GBI arrests third person in shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery
- Former Frederica standout Sheffield arrested twice
- COVID-19 fuels Gulfstream layoffs
- Hotels and motels prepare for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Carvana expands into Golden Isles
- Attorney: Man who shot video "is not a vigilante"
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.