IN THE JUVENILE COURT FOR THE COUNTY OF GLYNN STATE OF GEORGIA In the Interest of: J.G.C. H.J.C. A Child Under 18 Years of Age Sex: Male Sex: Male Case # JUV210022 DOB: 07/31/14 DOB: 08/04/15 NOTICE OF SUMMONS To:Hilario Canela and any other person claiming paternity of the above-named children. You are hereby notified that the above-styled action, which seeks the termination of parental rights, was filed against you in said Juvenile Court in Glynn County, Georgia on the 7th day of June, 2021. The petition alleges that it would be in the childrens best interest that the parents' parental rights be terminated. A copy of the petition may be obtained from the Clerk of Glynn County Juvenile Court. THEREFORE, YOU ARE COMMANDED AND REQUIRED to appear before the Juvenile Court of Glynn County, Brunswick, Georgia on the 23rd day of August 2021 at 9:30 o'clock a.m. The effect of the termination order requested shall be to terminate the parental rights and obligations of the parents with respect to the above-named children, including rights of inheritance. READ CAREFULLY NOTICE OF EFFECT OF TERMINATION JUDGEMENT Georgia law provides that you can permanently lose your rights as a parent. A petition to terminate parental rights has been filed requesting the court to terminate your parental rights to your children. A copy of the petition to terminate parental rights is attached to this notice. A court hearing of your case has been scheduled for the 23rd day of August 2021 at 9:30 a.m. at the Juvenile Court of Glynn County. If you fail to appear, the court can terminate your parental rights in your absence. If the court at the trial finds that the facts set out in the petition to terminate parental rights are true and that termination of your rights will serve the best interests of your children, the court can enter a judgment ending your rights to your children. If the judgment terminates your parental rights, you will no longer have any rights to your children. This means that you will not have the right to visit, contact, or have custody of your children or make any decisions affecting your children or your childrenís earnings or property. Your children will be legally freed to be adopted by someone else. Even if your parental rights are terminated: (1) You will be responsible for providing financial support (child support payments) for your childrenís care unless and until your children are adopted; and (2) Your children can still inherit from you unless and until your children are adopted. This is a very serious matter. You should contact an attorney immediately so that you can be prepared for the court hearing. You have the right to hire an attorney and to have him or her represent you. If you can not afford to hire an attorney, the court will appoint an attorney if the court finds that you are an indigent person. Whether or not you decide to hire an attorney, you have the right to attend the hearing of your case, to call witnesses on your behalf, and to question those witnesses on brought against you. If you have any questions concerning this notice, you may call the telephone number of the clerkís office which is: 912 554 7048. If you want a lawyer appointed to represent you, you must let the Court or the officer of this Court handling this case know that you want a lawyer immediately. NOTICE TO BIOLOGICAL FATHER TO:Hilario Canela, the putative father of J G. C. and H. J. C. You are hereby notified that you may lose all rights to the child and may not be entitled to object to the termination of parental rights to the child, unless within thirty (30) days of receipt of this notice you file: (a)a petition to legitimate the children; (b)notice of the filing of the legitimation with the Glynn County Juvenile Court. Failure to comply with this notice may result in the Court entering an order terminating your parental rights to the children and you may not thereafter object to the termination of parental rights. WITNESS the Honorable Audrey S. Chapman, Judge of said Court. SO ORDERED, this the 8th Day of June 2021. Susan Ponsell Deputy Clerk Juvenile Court Glynn County, Georgia