Monday, Nov. 20EAST
Georgia's journey to the Southeastern Conference championship game and possibly a shot at the national title began almost a year ago. Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Lorenzo Carter and Davin Bellamy could've gotten an early start on their NFL careers. Instead, all four decided to return to the Bulldogs for one more season, and they're a big reason the team is 10-1 and ranked No. 7.
No. 1 Alabama's path to the Southeastern Conference championship and an assured spot in the playoffs is clear but awfully treacherous. The Crimson Tide can secure a spot in the league title game with a road win at No. 6 Auburn on Saturday. Alabama is seeking a fourth consecutive SEC title and playoff berth.
ATLANTA — One of the nation’s largest domed stadiums collapsed Monday into a pile of jagged concrete and a vast cloud of dust in a scheduled i…
Jacksonville's defense forced five turnovers _ two in the final two minutes _ as the Jaguars beat the Browns 19-7 to move into first place in the AFC South. Blake Bortles threw a touchdown pass and linebacker Telvin Smith recovered a fumble in the end zone for a TD with 1:14 left. The Browns are 0-10 and 1-25 in two seasons under coach Hue Jackson.
UCLA has fired football coach Jim Mora after he compiled a 46-30 record in six seasons with the Bruins. Athletic director Dan Guerrero announced the move a day after No. 12 Southern California beat crosstown rival UCLA, 28-23.
In only three games Dwight Freeney's influence has already been noticed on the field and in the Seattle Seahawks locker room. Freeney's fourth game with Seattle will come against a familiar foe when the Seahawks host Atlanta on Monday night. Freeney has already passed former teammate Robert Mathis on the all-time sacks list and is one behind Derrick Thomas for 16th all-time.
Nick Chubb and Sony Michel led a dominant running game as No. 7 Georgia bounced back from its first loss of the season, wearing down Kentucky for a 42-13 victory. In the final home game of their careers, Chubb and Michel went out with a bang on Senior Day between the hedges. Chubb rushed for 151 and two touchdowns, including a 55-yard burst down the sideline to seal the victory early in the fourth quarter. Michel rambled for 87 yards and three scores of his own, most notably a 37-yard TD.
Kevin Kisner began to appreciate the value of playing in the Presidents Cup two months before the matches even started.
- US announces new sanctions on North Korean shipping firms, Chinese trading companies, in push to isolate North Korea
- Lawyer: Ex-student charged in body fluids case isn't racist
- Witness: Men accused of bribes negotiated sale to Qataris
- Fiat Chrysler and Eni cooperating on emissions reductions
- AP Was There: Mugabe sworn in as Zimbabwe's prime minister
- Cop: Armed robber takes pot, cash from St. Simons home
- Cops: man sleeping at drive-through caught with cocaine
- MPC approves site plans on Canal Road
- Man walking in median on U.S. 17 struck, killled
- Canal Crossing businesses reconsidering due to sewer tap-in fees
- Arrest made in Halloween shooting
- County commissioner walks out of meeting
- Kirstie Bailey
- New Indigo owner hopes to keep the same flavor
- Convicted child molester receives life sentence
Find a local business