“No more icky ole bras,” is how Georgia Hanna, of Brunswick, sums up the selection of mastectomy bras at Southeast Georgia Health System Ribbon of Hope, a health care specialty boutique. Pointing out a black lacey bra that caught her eye, the 19-year breast cancer survivor explains that not …
Barb Halambeck has lived on St. Simons Island since 1979 and not once evacuated for a hurricane — until this month.
It happens to the best of us: aging. If we’re lucky, many of us will grow old and live long, productive lives.
The daily responsibilities of life don’t stop just because a family member becomes ill or unable to care for him or herself.
Steve Gilliam’s passion for healing is rooted in experience.
There's a disturbing trend among American adult men: avoiding or refusing to go to the doctor. Whether out of male pride, fear of doctors or s…
As students stream into hallways and classrooms across Coastal Georgia for the new school year, the owner of a local music shop is encouraging…
Walking into Arco Hardware is very much like stepping back in time. An antique Coca-Cola machine sits front and center, surrounded by aisle up…
Kendra Lawrence has always had a passion for health and fitness.
When the real estate market crashed in 2007, many in the local business were forced to change course. But Mary Beth Blythe and Harriette O’Zel…
For adult children living far from their aging parents, worry is a way of life.
It’s summer and the water feels fine. With temperatures soaring, kids and adults alike are trying to stay cool by splashing around in the ocea…
Dr. Ren Halverson can empathize with his patients. Like many of those who walk through his doors at Advanced Chiropractic in Brunswick, he has…
- New indictments target one for murder, three for sex crimes
- Disaster unemployment assistance available
- Family seeking answers after hit-and-run
- Beach moves: Irma reshapes local beaches, property
- Arnetia Maasha
- St. Simons man accused of damaging soccer field
- Attorney charged with battery now jailed for alleged stalking
- County gives guidelines on debris pickup
- Hurricane Irma leaves damage on St. Simons Island
- Dixville added to Georgia Register of Historic Places
Find a local business