There have been times in Camden County football coach Bob Sphire’s five months at his new job that he felt like he was shot in a time machine back to the 1960s.
Latest Special Section
Rocky Hidalgo’s first three years at Glynn Academy have been an unequivocal success. In that time frame, the Red Terrors have won 32 games and…
Sometimes, Brunswick High head coach Sean Pender finds himself searching for the name of a player. Pender had around 80 kids on his teams at P…
Tumultuous is the perfect word to describe the 2016 football season in Coastal Georgia. Sure, there was the requisite surprising results and n…
For the third time in four seasons, Brunswick High is looking for a fresh start.
Frederica Academy is wearing the same colors, playing on the same field and coached by the same staff as 2016, but the Knights are shifting in…
In football, big guys do a lot of the dirty work, without a large share of the glory.
Since the McIntosh County Academy Buccaneers left the Georgia Dome last December, they’ve been waiting for that chance to redeem themselves.
Make no mistake, Glynn Academy head coach Rocky Hidalgo wants to win every time the Red Terrors take the field. But he also knows his team cou…
McIntosh County Academy sophomore Denver Anthony didn’t start spring practice comfortable in shotgun.
Since the Healthy, Hunger Free-Kids Act passed in 2010, schools have been on their way to serving healthier food to students. Even with health…
By VIRGIL COLE
Calendar for Glynn County School System 2017-2018 school year
If your child will be attending a Glynn County school for the first time this year, regardless of which school, they need to be registered wit…
With the school year fast approaching, it’s important to know how to stay safe in and on the way to class. The News spoke with Glynn County Sc…
These days it takes more than just a good GPA and test scores to get into college. More and more, colleges are looking to fill their ranks wit…
School is about to start back up again and now is the perfect time to start thinking about how to get involved in your child’s education. Here…
- Body found off U.S. 17, foul play not suspected
- Grand Jury: Triple slaying was gang-related home invasion
- Cops: Suspect pilfered dead man's house
- Pinball museum, arcade opens in Brunswick
- DNR announces closing of final phase of Sansavilla Wildlife Management Area land purchase
- Sapelo Island historian passes away
- Commission hears proposal on St. Simons and Jekyll ferry service
- Wild chase crosses counties, reaches 110-plus mph
- Pair of crashes on Sea Island Road snarls traffic
- Kingsland police investigate deaths of 2 sailors
Find a local business