Well, let’s just call this letter, “The Good the Bad, and the Ugly.”
Once again good samaritans and citizens lead the way.
1. Barat and Gita for keeping their convenience store running against all odds.
2. Southern Soul and Brogens North for responding to needs of those who stayed on St. Simons Island thru service or choice.
3. The Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water and Sewer Commission for their decision to keep water on. Good call.
4. The Brunswick News for keeping community informed.
5. To the many first responders and good neighbors who lent a helping-hand.
1. Parker’s for charging, during a crisis, $15 for a case of water. You should hear their warped reasoning for doing so. Ha.
2. Line-jumpers at gas stations once power was restored to those entities selling fuel.
3. Government entities who made the moronic call to close Glynn County borders to returning Glynn evacuees. Sounds like the Soviet Union of old and “the Iron Curtain.” I can’t wait for next round of elections.
4. Media and weather services that create mass hysteria and prey on the possibility of death and destruction.
1. Irma. The nasty wench made a mess of our beautiful island, however, St. Simons Island will recover.
St. Simons Island