The instructors at Golden Isles College and Career Academy know a thing or two about destruction and demolition.
Get in your way-back machine and think back to the days of the traffic signal at the intersection of Frederica and Demere roads on St. Simons Island.
An interesting proposal was presented to the Glynn County Commission at a work session Tuesday that could be a wonderful addition to the Golde…
The Altamaha River is turning into a model of conservation and preservation.
United Way of Coastal Georgia has a big job ahead of it. Raising $1 million for its annual campaign is not easy and meeting the ultimate goal …
There is a football game tonight that may not mean much to folks outside the Golden Isles, but for many people locally, it is one of the first…
A man from Tennessee showed us last week what it means to do something because it is right, not because of the benefit it may bring.
OK, boys and girls, today’s word is “juxtaposition.” According to my friends, Barney Funk and Porter Wagnall, it means putting things together…
Four Glynn County eighth-grade students have a unique and excellent opportunity to make the most of their educations.
Glynn County heard a sobering report this past week on how much it will cost to privatize the Planning and Zoning Division, which has lacked t…
As recently as 2015, there were nearly 350 homeless people in Glynn County according to a statewide homeless count. That was out of roughly 13…
Some residents on St. Simons Island threw criticisms Peter Murphy’s way during his town hall meeting early this week to discuss Hurricane Irma…
The Brunswick City Commission on Wednesday passed a resolution approving the creation of a tax allocation district encompassing 481 acres and …
The Roosevelt Lawrence Center on H Street in Brunswick is pegged as a recreation and community center for neighborhood children and adults.
McIntosh County officials and Sapelo Island residents had a legitimate gripe last week when it looked like an obscure federal law was going to…
Several hundred yards walked by fathers with their children Friday morning will go miles in establishing their youngsters on a path to a quali…
Glynn County residents should have everything in place now to make a full recovery after Hurricane Irma.
With so much needed around the country and the world right now in the aftermath of three different natural disasters, it can be overwhelming f…
As of Sunday, at least 10 people had died in Puerto Rico because of Hurricane Maria, the massive Category 4 storm that blew through the U.S. t…
Statistics of domestic violence are staggering, and they only seem to keep getting worse. Consider a few of them from the Georgia Commission o…
The Environmental Protection Agency gave a tentative thumbs-up to the federal Superfund environmental cleanup sites in Glynn County this week,…
Restaurant employees rarely have vacation or sick time built into their benefits package. Most restaurants in Glynn County are small operation…
- Jewish leader opposes Austrian right party in government
- Prominent journalist at radio station stabbed in Moscow
- Russia's leading news radio station says its deputy editor-in-chief has been stabbed by an unknown attacker
- Right-wing: Italian votes 'a lesson in democracy for Europe'
- Macron's dog pees on Elysee Palace fireplace as cameras roll
- Body found off U.S. 17, foul play not suspected
- Grand Jury: Triple slaying was gang-related home invasion
- Cops: Suspect pilfered dead man's house
- Pinball museum, arcade opens in Brunswick
- DNR announces closing of final phase of Sansavilla Wildlife Management Area land purchase
- Sapelo Island historian passes away
- Commission hears proposal on St. Simons and Jekyll ferry service
- Wild chase crosses counties, reaches 110-plus mph
- Pair of crashes on Sea Island Road snarls traffic
- Kingsland police investigate deaths of 2 sailors
Find a local business