The trial of a man accused of killing his girlfriend in August 2016 will not proceed as scheduled. On Oct. 3, the Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office had the case placed on the dead docket, which essentially means it is indefinitely postponed.

On Aug. 28, 2016, Antoine Bernard Ladson allegedly shot his 21-year-old girlfriend, Amy Dean, with a .38-caliber revolver. Dean lived with Ladson and a number of Ladson’s family members in a residence on Gordon Street.

Brunswick Police Detective Carla Futch testified in magistrate court that Ladson, 28, was covered in blood when police arrived to what was called in to dispatch as a suicide. She said an officer and BPD Detective Chad Strickland later heard Ladson tell his mother he messed up and needed a good lawyer.

Before the incident, police discovered Dean and Ladson allegedly argued over accusations Ladson was having an affair with Dean’s mother. Ladson and the mother, Elizabeth Grovner, are implicated in a July 2016 matter in which Ladson allegedly threatened to kill another man, hit him with a vehicle and shot bullets into the man’s 2000 Buick LeSabre.

A Glynn County grand jury indicted Ladson for those crimes, and Grovner for influencing a witness by allegedly offering to pay for repairs to the Buick if the man did not participate in the prosecution.

District Attorney Jackie Johnson said Tuesday prosecutors did not have enough evidence to effectively try Ladson in the murder case, but are moving forward on the aggravated assault accusation.

In other cases heard in Glynn County Superior Court, Aaron J. Holland pleaded guilty to one count of theft by taking in the Facebook armed robbery case in which he, two other male teens and two female teens lured the victim into an SUV, where the male teens robbed him of his necklace, cellphone and a Louis Vuitton belt.

Holland, 19, is the last defendant in the case to plead guilty. In pleading to the new charge, prosecutors dropped other previous charges. He received a sentence of five years probation.

Also, Larry E. Laroche pleaded guilty Oct. 2 to one count of sexual exploitation of children — he had faced eight counts in the indictment, which followed his July 2016 arrest. Laroche, 58, received a sentence of seven years in prison, 13 years probation, a $1,500 fine and was banned from using social media.

During the Friday motions calendar call in Superior Court, Edward King Jr. pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery by intimidation, which stemmed from robberies allegedly committed at the Subway on Newcastle Street and a Friendly Express on U.S. Highway 17 in December 2016. King, 27, previously faced two counts of armed robbery. However, Glynn County Superior Court Judge Stephen Scarlett rejected the plea deal, and the matter remains pending.