Katie Wilkin has two beautiful young daughters. Every day, she is grateful to watch them learn, grow and change.
It is no secret that food is huge in the South. From the simple dishes to fancy fare, the region certainly knows how to please a variety of pa…
On most mornings, Reed Flanagan can be found teaching a variety of classes at his studio, St. Simons Island Pilates and Yoga. But once the stu…
Loren Mells has faced an uphill battle for quite some time. The Darien resident has suffered from diabetes since 1992.
Zoe Pavone pulled a blue romper from the clothing rack, daintily holding it up in front of her.
Framed family photos, maps and academic degrees. Book shelves stacked with hardbacks and strategically placed Beatles memorabilia.
We live in a broken world, a world that is not fully what God intended for it to be. Last week, I said that we live between the first two chap…
Jay Hanson has seen the deadly power of addiction. The pastor of the Chapel in Brunswick even lost friends recently to the growing opioid crisis.
Joe Walters was blessed with a special gift — the gift of music. And it was something that he shared tirelessly throughout his life.
It is well known, by this point, that I married a Yankee from Connecticut. One who never knew the joy of comfort foods until he came South.
Patterson Hood has always had a way with words — and he’s never been afraid to use it.
Thursday, Aug. 10
Wednesday, Aug. 9
Sloane Molloy has spent the last few weeks busily gearing up for the new school year. The counselor will join students in the halls of Glynn M…
Walk to End Alzheimer’s planned
She has weathered countless storms — both real and metaphorical. The latter includes both World Wars and the Great Depression right up to the …
James Willis, of Valona, is a winner of the Interstate Resources Scholarship Program, sponsored by Interstate Resources Inc.
Powerful things have happened in tiny rooms.
When you hear the word greedy, what name comes to mind? Probably the name Ebenezer Scrooge or the Grinch who stole Christmas. Greed is an inor…
Like many musicians, Graham Sharp started a band with friends while in college. Back then — the early 2000s — the students at the University o…
When I was a child, around the age of five, my mama’s brother went to fight in Vietnam. He was a career military man who served on helicopters…
Barbara Sancomb is used to bringing more than a few friends on her monthly road trip — but the conversation is not much to write home about.
Wednesday, Aug. 2
- 1 million South Sudan refugees now in Uganda, UN says
- Overdoses on the road: Drugged driving rises as a menace
- Australian court: Refugee camp in Papua New Guinea is legal
- Australia's highest court says policy of sending asylum seekers to migrant camps in Papua New Guinea is valid
- Fugitive's trail exposes Red Bull co-owners' offshore deals
- Police: Car was traveling more than 100 mph before deadly crash
- Car crash in East River leaves one dead
- New Heinze trial possibly in works
- Bible dripping with oil to visit area
- Girls plead guilty in Facebook armed robbery
- Armed robbery suspect gets 20 years
- Police: woman shoots at dogs, hits house, goes to jail
- Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering announces retirement
- Chapel opens new campus aimed at ending addiction
- Community prepares for solar eclipse
Find a local business